How Can We Help?

Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.

< All Topics

What insurance limits do I need?

Please review the section on Do I need a DOT and MC #? If the answer is yes, the minimum level of insurance is as follows:

Passenger Carriers
Vehicles with a seating capacity of less than 16 – $1.5m
Vehicles with a seating capacity of 16 or greater – $5m

Property Carriers
Non-Hazmat – $750k
Hazmat – 1m or 5m dependent on quantity and type transported.
Check here for more info.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Table of Contents